Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Practice shoot

I cannot wait to do an extensive photo shoot with little Henry (well, as extensive as a week-old baby will let you be). I have props, hats, diaper covers, blankets, you name it. I even did a practice shoot with Clara's dolls (the pictures had my sister and father dying of laughter. I just might post some here at a later date).

Since they just arrived home last night, and today was spent at the doctor's office (he was not re-admitted! Yay!), I haven't been able to do it yet. But when his mama was getting ready for the trip to the pediatrician today, I took the ten minutes I had with Henry to do a mini-photo shoot.

Don't get me wrong - even during a mini-photo shoot I move furniture. And I dressed him in his adorable little hat we found on Etsy. He helped me a lot, because he couldn't have cared less. Now I'm even more excited for the real thing!








8 comments:

Kerry said...

I love his hair. He looks like a chick. (as in..a baby chicken)

:)

Sew said...

U rock! Please come to my house!

Sissy said...

Those are lovely! When we get a baby you need to make a trip to North Carolina! :)

Julie said...

I love baby photos! I was so sleep deprived those first few days/weeks that I missed doing a real photo shoot with each of my kids!
You take amazing photos! Your family is blessed!

Karey said...

Thanks, Julie! That means a lot because I know you are a very talented photographer :)

And my kids don't have any either. I guess that's why it pays to have a well-rested aunt who loves taking pictures ;)

Karey said...

Sissy - Thanks! And if you are near Raleigh we can probably make that happen :)

Second Chances said...

These are gorgeous! He's so cute!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Love the blanket! That's adorable!
He is so photogenic!