Friday, May 28, 2010

This is really happening

I can’t believe I am actually typing this.

After 5-and-a-half years of trying to conceive and the adoption of Clara, I never thought I’d share the news that my wife was pregnant.

But guess what?

KAREY IS PREGNANT!!!!!

That is right. Our family, which for a long time was only made up of two people, is going to double in size in less than a year. Our new addition is growing on schedule, ready to join the world the first week in December. It will be only a few days after we celebrate Clara’s first birthday (but, of course, he/she could come early too).

If you are doing the math, that makes Karey three months pregnant and into her 2nd trimester. As you might imagine, after everything we have been through we were very guarded in releasing the news. However, we’ve had two ultrasounds and a few doctors appointments and everything is moving ahead just the way it is supposed to. That includes Karey feeling rotten for the last few months, while at the same time caring full time for a very active infant.

We are still adjusting to the fact that we are no longer an infertile couple. As hard as it has been, we would not have traded this experience for anything. This new development makes it even more clear that God had a very special plan for our lives, our marriage and our family. It was the only plan that could have connected us with Clara, and while we don’t have scientific proof, we strongly believe her arrival, and the joy that Karey experienced ever since, may have been the missing link to her finally conceiving (that, and several surgeries throughout the past five years).

It goes without saying that we feel incredibly blessed. As much as you probably think you’ve heard that once someone adopts they get pregnant right after, it is incredibly rare. We were overwhelmed with how much Clara changed our lives. And now with this new addition, we honestly can’t put it into words. I feel like I won the lottery, was elected President and discovered a buried treasure under our house.. all at the same time. It truly is an embarrassment of riches.

To answer your questions before you ask:

*We don’t know the sex yet, but we will find out in about seven weeks.
*We are pretty committed to a boy’s name, but we are still in a contentious debate over a girl’s name.
*No, we won’t tell you those names yet.
*Yes, we are considering dumping my beloved pickup truck in exchange for a minivan or something along those lines.
*YES I WILL SELL YOU MY TRUCK FOR A GOOD PRICE.
*Currently the most creative name we have for the child en utero is “Baby #2.” Any suggestions are welcome.

So check back for updates and baby bump photos!! Yes.. THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!

Meanwhile enjoy this photo that we never thought we'd be able to post. Especially not so soon:

22 comments:

Ryane said...

YAY!! I have already told you guys how happy we are for you but I must say it again.

Trey called Mary Cate "tummy baby" when I was pregnant. I guess because she came from my tummy instead of from Ethiopia like Joseph. He also asked me at one point if the tummy baby would have peach skin like him or brown skin like Joseph. So sweet.

Anyway, congrats again. Let's get together when you are in NY next time!

~Ryane

Nicole said...

This is amazing news!!! Congrats to you and the family!!

I guess now you'll have to change the name of your blog to "Life with Clara and Wonder Baby."

Meg @ True, Good and Beautiful said...

We're ecstatic over here! I've told Karey already, but to you, Ryan, congratulations!

Chrissy said...

I read this and had to call Mike and Tara right away. It is thrilling news! Now we have to get together before you're busy with 2 babies!

Melissa said...

I don't remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but I've been following you off and on for a while - just never commented. What wonderful news for you both! I can't imagine how overjoyed you both must feel! First, the wonderful surprise of your beautiful Clara and now the excitement of another baby that you so very much deserve! I wish you all the best in your new journey :)

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

It must be so weird to no longer be "the infertile couple." But at the same time, infertility will always be a part of your past, and a part of who you are- as people and as parents. I mean that in the very best way possible, of course!! IF does a LOT for us, and the struggles you two went through were some pretty intense ones, which will never be undermined.

barbie said...

Love it! I am so thrilled for you guys! Cannot WAIT to see baby bump pictures........

I prefer miracle number two to baby number two..that sounds too ordinary.

Kelly said...

I have been following this blog for over a year and am amazed at how God is growing your family! You have created a blog junkie out of me!

Blessings to you and your family

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so thrilled for the growing Nobles family. :)

mrsblondies said...

Congratulations! What an amazing blessing.

Dawn said...

How thrilling for you!
Enjoy every moment...
God is good.

Dawn
(an old friend of the Nobles fam)

Sew said...

And gives the barren woman a home and makes her the joyous mother of children......AMEN!!!!!!!

Sew said...

Oh and we are pissy pants excited for you!!!!!!!! :) Since I basically have no class, I've been calling my baby his seed! ;) Your seed is hungry, feed me, your seed is cranky that's why I'm nagging, your seed is exhuasted...That's what I tell DH when I need something RIGHT Now. :) Like I said no class, but for some reason it's hilarious. It does no justice to the miracle inside, but I could never give it justice anyway! ;) I try....When I'm not calling it seed. hahaha

Sew said...

I meant to say and HE gives....hahaha

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

How fun to see a post from the Mr.! We feel your joyful disbelief, wonder and awe. What an exciting time!!

tishi said...

I like "little bean" lot of people call their babies that in the belly and I think its SO cute. I am so happy for all of you and so happy that Clara is going to have a BFF :)

King J's Queen said...

Congratulations! That is such wonderful news!!

We called our munchkin
"Wiggleworm" because she squirmed so much.

LifeHopes said...

I just cannot tell you how much joy is in my heart to read these words. I don't know how it is possible for me (considering I am usually jealous about these things) but with you two, I feel like I am part of it in some small way. It truly is a blessing and a privilege to have been able to walk alongside you both throughout this whole beautiful journey.

And you know what? This is only the beginning! I look forward to seeing how God CONTINUES to bless your family and ALL that you put your hand to. He loves you both so very much, and His plans for you are perfect.

xoxo!!

Kerry said...

so wonderful to hear it from Ryan's perspective. Joyous, joyous news.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Absolutely astounding and surreal! And it is a wonderful thing for us to witness. God is so good!

Shelly Bowman said...

Ryan & Karey,
What an amazing blessing!! I am so excited and happy for you and Clara.

I'm going to call it now - December 9, 2010. Will explain why another time.

Sending lots of prayers of praise and joy.

Allison said...

Yay for you! Nothing wrong with babies so close together in age or birthday (my kids are 2 days apart, 9 years apart), everyone may get sick of cake though (my husband's and my birthdays are 5 days apart, 2 weeks before the kids)!

Congrats, sometimes it just takes the relief of having the one to get the other!